There are many different ways you can use our services – to store and retrieve information vital to your success as a grower and to communicate and interact with your controller itself. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Link4 Cloud Account, we can make our services cater specifically to your needs – to show you more relevant information, to help you connect with our wide range of products, and to provide support as quickly and effectively as possible. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to Link4 Corp so whether you are new to Link4 or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which products will best suit your unique growing environment.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, our cloud services require you to sign up for a Link4 Cloud Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, etc.
- Information we get from your controller(s). We may collect information from your controllers to help us provide the best customer experience possible. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, and unique device identifiers). Link4 may associate your device identifiers with your Link4 Account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Link4, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Link4 Account.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Link4 service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
- Device information
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Link4 and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you your personal controller data and tailored support services.
When you contact Link4, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
We use Google Analytics to collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use this website.
The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent information from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can be confident that your personal data is safe and secure. No data collected by Link4 Corporation through our various services is shared to a third party. Additionally, any location data we collect is anonymous and cannot be associated with a user account.
To increase your privacy you may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your login preferences.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Link4 Corporation.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Link4 and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We protect many of our services with an encrypted password and when applicable utilize SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Link4 employees who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.